LGBT+ Aging Coalition of Ventura County Business training is an educational program designed for staff of business and service organizations, and all other community-based businesses who serve older adults. This training helps organizations heighten their awareness of LGBT+ Aging issues, and ensures they are providing a welcoming, safe, and inclusive space for LGBT+ older adults and their families.
1. Define the identities that make up the LGBT+ acronym
2. Differentiate between sexual orientation and gender
3. Identify self-identification practices via pronoun education
4. Discuss the history and stigma against LGBT+ people
5. Understand how to create an inclusive intake process
Trainings are able to be customized to your organization/business and are currently scheduled virtually via Zoom or in person.
Below are video previews of the trainings that are currently available. You may click on the video(s) of your choice to view the training preview.
LGBT + Aging Coalition Training – The History
LGBT + Aging Coalition Training – A Friendly Environment
LGBT + Aging Coalition Training – Acronyms & Communities
LGBT + Aging Coalition Training – Pronouns
LGBT + Aging Coalition Training – Intake Process
LGBT + Aging Coalition Training – Sexual Identity & Gender Identities
For more information, or to schedule a training, please contact Martha Shapiro at email@example.com or 805-497-0189.