Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP)
Ventura County Area Agency on Aging
Title V Senior Community Services Employment Training (SCSEP) Program provides limited employment training and wages for low-income persons aged 55 and older. This program helps older adults seeking employment to gain the skills needed in today’s job market. SCSEP is funded by the U.S. Department of Labor and focuses on the needs of mature workers, the community, and employers.
Discover what SCSEP can offer you:
• Services tailored to each individual
• Second career training opportunities
• Training at community-based organizations
• Training with flexible schedules
• Receive On-the-Job Training
• Receive a paid stipend while participating
What are the eligibility requirements?
• 55 years or older
• Be unemployed & need further training to perform jobs available in the area
• Be a resident of the county where the program is managed by VCAAA
• Authorized to work in the U.S.
• Meet family income requirements (Limit of 125% of Poverty Guidelines)