DEMENTIA FRIENDLY MENU
Dementia Friendly Ventura County (DFVC) @Work Training is an educational program designed for staff of business and service organizations, and all other community-based businesses. This training helps organizations heighten their awareness of dementia, and equips them to respond warmly and effectively when serving people living with dementia and their families.
- Learn what dementia is and facts about Alzheimer’s.
- Recognize the signs of Alzheimer’s.
- Learn tips for communicating and interacting with a person who has dementia.
- Learn tips for creating a dementia-friendly physical space.
- Get familiar with resources in your community.
To become a Dementia Friendly Ventura County Business complete these five easy steps:
- Complete the pre-training survey by clicking here.
- Watch the DFVC @Work Training Video (found on the application page). A minimum of 33% of staff must complete the training to receive certification.
- If applicable, watch the short DFVC sector video for your particular line of work (found on the application page).
- Complete the DFVC Online Application Form.
- Complete the post-training survey by clicking here.
» DFVC @Work Flyer (PDF)
» DFVC – Know the Signs of Dementia PDF)
» Sector Guide – Banks and Financial Services (PDF)
» Sector Guide – Businesses (PDF)
» Sector Guide – Faith Communities (PDF)
» Sector Guide – Healthcare (PDF)
» Sector Guide – Libraries (PDF)
» Sector Guide – Neighbors and Community Members (PDF)