VCAAA Offers Free Nutrition Counseling and Classes to Ventura County Residents


Ventura, Calif. – The Ventura County Area Agency on Aging’s Senior Nutrition Program is offering free nutrition counseling and classes to Ventura County residents as part of an effort to promote healthy living among older adults.

Nutrition counseling services and classes include personalized one-on-one or group settings with a registered dietitian and a focus on healthy eating on a budget, understanding food labels, managing weight loss, controlling diabetes, controlling high blood pressure, lowering cholesterol, enhancing bone health, and variety of other individualized concerns.

Additional services offered through the VCAAA’s Senior Nutrition Program include congregate and home-delivered meal services, which provide older adults with access to nutritious meals and contribute to maintaining their health, safety, dignity and quality of life.

The services are free and open to the public. Participants must be 60 and older.

For more information visit or call (805) 477-7339.

Media inquiries may be directed to Jannette Jauregui, VCAAA Public Information Officer, at (805) 477-7306.


Translate Disclaimer

The website has been translated for your convenience using translation software powered by Google Translate. Reasonable efforts have been made to provide an accurate translation, however, no automated translation is perfect nor is it intended to replace human translators. Translations are provided as a service to users of the website, and are provided “as is.” No warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, is made as to the accuracy, reliability, or correctness of any translations made from English into any other language. Some content (such as images, videos, Flash, etc.) may not be accurately translated due to the limitations of the translation software.

The official text is the English version of the website. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal effect for compliance or enforcement purposes. If any questions arise related to the accuracy of the information contained in the translated website, please refer to the English version of the website which is the official version.