SENIOR NUTRITION MENU
PROGRAMS & SERVICES
Ventura County Food and Meal Services and Resources
- Click here to apply for meal services through the Ventura County Area Agency on Aging
- Selecione aquí para aplicar por servicios de comida a travéz de la Agencia sobre el Envejecimiento del Condado de Ventura
- Click here to locate a food pantry near you or to download Food Share’s local pantry list
- Click here to view a list of local certified farmers’ markets (these locations accept SNAP/EBT)
- Click here to view the Conejo Valley Guide’s comprehensive list of farmers’ markets and farm fresh produce in Ventura County
Join us for lunch! All individuals age 60 years or older are welcome to participate in Congregate meal services. Contact the local meal site and transit company in your city for more information.
Home-Delivered Meals (HDM) are available to frail, homebound seniors age 60+ and their spouses. Recipients must be unable to travel to a congregate site.
To determine eligibility for the Home-Delivered Meal component, local meal providers schedule a friendly in-home visit to begin meal service, which includes an assessment of the type of meal appropriate for the participant in his/her living environment. Participants are reassessed quarterly, and along the way staff makes referrals for any additional needs for nutrition-related supportive services, such as outreach, transportation, food shopping assistance, and escort to congregate nutrition sites.
This program is not income based. Suggested donation is $3.00 per meal. Waitlists are common and other eligibility requirements apply.
For general information about the Senior Nutrition countywide, contact VCAAA at 805-477-7300 or LOIS.VCAAA@ventura.org.
To locate a dining site or for specifics about meal deliveries in your region, contact a meal provider near you:
City of Thousand Oaks DIAL-A-RIDE
If coming to the SNP, seniors can get a DIAL-A-RIDE ticket for free transportation to and from lunch.
SCAT bus or the Access Bus
(805) 485-2319 OR (805) 649-4421
HDM: Frozen weekly or bimonthly
3944 Center Street
Ventura County Valley Express
First come, first served.
HDM: Hot daily
Westside Café: Ventura Avenue Adult Center
550 N. Ventura Ave, Ventura