LGBT+ Aging Coalition of Ventura County Business training is an educational program designed for staff of business and service organizations, and all other community-based businesses who serve older adults. This training helps organizations heighten their awareness of LGBT+ Aging issues, and ensures they are providing a welcoming, safe, and inclusive space for LGBT+ older adults and their families.
1. Define the identities that make up the LGBT+ acronym
2. Differentiate between sexual orientation and gender
3. Identify self-identification practices via pronoun education
4. Discuss the history and stigma against LGBT+ people
5. Understand how to create an inclusive intake process
Trainings are able to be customized to your organization/business and are currently scheduled virtually via Zoom.
For more information, or to schedule a training, please contact Martha Shapiro at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-497-0189.